Monday 27 June 2011

End of First Year

So thats it. First years is done. I received an 80/ 100 for my title sequence project which i am very proud of. Everyone in the group got a first as far as I know, but dont quote me on that.

I came late to the Cecile Award this morning. I wish I had come on time as not only did I miss the majority of the showcase of the years work but I received an award for 'excellence in blogging' or something like that. Its really cool, its a gold version of Cecile a life size skeleton we have in the animation studio it comes in handy when you're looking at anatomy.



This first year has gone so fast, I have learnt a but I was to go over the basics again during the summer. Over the summer I plan to make a short flash piece with interesting visuals; think animated poetry, I will go over the fundamentals of animation again in flash and in Maya to keep in fles in my head,  I want to learn to rigg to give myself a little bit of a head start for next year so I think tutorials will be a good way to get the ball rolling.

Finally I have been talking to some performance students about a collaboration next year involving some 3D projection mapping. For those of you who don't know what that is you can see some examples of it 'here'. The idea is to use 3D projected animations as storytelling divices for the piece; such as flash backs, environments and adding anew demotions to performance. Its a unlikely collaboration but I think we will get good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment