Friday 2 November 2012

Pitch Bible & Character Designs


Yes I did draw these character turnarounds but it did not come easy. The front view was starit forward once I had the basic shapes down but I had to make a rough model in Maya to help me work out the other angles. I will update this post more development soon.


Drawing some rough thumbnails of key scenes as a edit the script.

Make the house feel like character as much Little and Loud

Staging: flat vs depth
http://sevencamels.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/staging-and-how-it-affects-mood-and.html

Directing notes I left for myself of the back of a Little Loud scrip (draft 4):
  • use lower angles to to achieve perspective of a child.
  • give audience 2+2 and let them make 4. Don not give them 4; show Little 
  • Let the music tell the story too and make better sue of SFX and Composing.
  • If story has circular/ elliptical narrative (we end where we began) then consider spheres and elipsis in the design of the film; architecturer, furniture, lighting etc. This will also work with the spherical shape of her hair too and give a sense of cohesion.
  • Have all the action in the film go from screen right to screen left to give a sense of progression. If we end where we began then after the climax we would move from screen right to screen left.


No longer an animated series I have bee encourage to pitched it as a short film

Really creepy BAFTA Award winning short "The Sandman" (1992) by Paul Berry. Helen Brusdon recommended I watch this while working on Little Loud. I now know I don't want it to be that creepy.

Film Of The Week:
Ichi The Killer Live Action:
Ichi The Killer Animation:


8 Web Series Worth Watching (via Raindance Film Festival)

While on Youtube I just found some pretty good advice from Ryan Woodward on drawing careers, and industry...
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 1)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 2)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 3)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 4)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 5)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 6)
Ryan Woodward: Advice or Pre-Majors (Part 7)



No comments:

Post a Comment