Sunday 7 October 2012

I have spent most of the day watching the pilot/ first episodes for all the series that my show has been influenced by:
Scooby Doo (1st episode of all variations)
I Love A Mystery (radio play cited as one of the influences of Scooby Doo)
Power Puff Girls (and the artwork of Margaret Keane who's art inspired the show)
Mona The Vampire
The Goonies
Monsters Inc.
Moonrise Kingdom

I also took at look at several animated series, although no longer on television, that feature black protagonist/ heroes at the centre:
The Proud Family
Bebes's Kids
Static Shock
Adopted By Aliens
Static Shock

These shows are all African American characters and there is currently no African Caribbean, British born character at the centre of any shows. I guess mine would be a first.


No comments:

Post a Comment